You’re up all night feeding and rocking and popping the pacifier back in – because one or both of your kids can’t self soothe back to sleep!
When one looks tired, the other seems wide awake…
You just want them on the same schedule.
It would be great to have someone just show you how to do it!
Or all of the above.
But it doesn’t have to be that way.
I can help.
Thank you for helping us get our 7 month old twins on a great schedule. I was at my wit’s end – it seemed like as soon as one went down for a nap and I thought I’d have a minute to relax, the other one would wake up. It’s like they were conspiring against me! On top of that, they were up twice a night – not at the same time of course – to have a bottle. It was only a few ounces – just enough to put them back into a food coma!
Now that we’ve gotten rid of the night feeds and taught them how to sleep, they’re sleeping through the night and napping at the same time. It’s a miracle. I can’t thank you enough for getting our family back on track!
Julie R., mom to 7 month old twins
This is a two step process:
Phase One: Teaching each child how to sleep independently – to master their individual skills
Phase Two: Teach them how to sleep in the same bedroom together!
Through what we cover in our time together, your children (and YOU) will be equipped to kick all of the bad sleep habits that have been keeping you from making the most of your days. Specifically, your little ones will:
- Learn how to fall asleep and self-soothe back to sleep in the middle of the night
- Nap in the crib – not on you or in the swing! – for longer naps (buh bye 20 minute naps!)
- Get on the same schedule for bedtime and naptime
- Share a bedroom – if that’s your goal
- Sleep in the optimal sleeping environment
- Have a great foundation for troubleshooting issues that come up down the road
- PLUS, you’ll have me there on Night 1 to show you exactly what to do
Here’s what you’ll get with the Twins Half Night or Overnight Sleep Solution Package:
- 30 minute pre-call
- In-home support – 6 hours (half-night) or 12 hours (overnight)
- Bedroom assessment
- Personalized sleep plan
- Four 15-minute follow-up calls the first week + one follow up call to ensure they’re sleeping well together
- Three weeks of email support
- 36-page Resource Guide
What to expect
BEFORE your consultation:
- Look at your calendar and find a time when you have at least 2-3 weeks of “normal” – no trips, weddings, pediatrician appointments, workmen hammering all day in your house! Based on that time frame, figure out a few mornings or afternoons that you’d be available for the 30 minute pre-call (preferably within a few days of when you’ll start). Note: Half-night and overnight packages are currently offered on Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights.
- Send me an email with your possible dates for 30 minute pre-call and the half night or overnight and I’ll confirm those dates via email. (Please give a 3-4 hour range on a few mornings and afternoons, instead of a specific time for the call!)
- I will email you a detailed questionnaire for you to fill out and email back at least 2 business days before the pre-call.
- We’ll have the pre-call 1-2 days prior to your consultation to discuss your questionnaire and the logistics for that night, including my tips for setting up Night 1 for success and give you any “homework” – making adjustments to the bedroom environment, etc.
- Hopefully you’ve got everyone on board – your spouse, nanny and anyone else who regularly cares for your child during the day. If not, now’s the time! Helpful tip: Sleep training without the support of your spouse is difficult, so be sure that everyone is on the same page!
- Get excited! You’re so much closer to a good night’s sleep – for your children AND you! Within the first couple of weeks, you’ll be amazed by what they learn to do!
DURING the consultation:
- I will arrive at your home one hour prior to your children’s recommended bedtime and stay 6 hours (half-night) or 12 hours (overnight).
- We’ll do the bedroom assessment first thing and make any necessary adjustments. I’ll assess the room in seven areas (light, sound, temperature, crib set-up, sleepwear, loveys/blankies and room set up).
- We’ll do the bedtime routine together and I’ll (usually) be in the room with you as you put your children to bed (depends on the age and temperament of the children).
- Each time one of your children wakes up, I’ll show you exactly what to do to get him or her back to sleep PLUS I’ll be able to see – in real time – how your children adapt to the new process and can make any changes immediately instead of waiting until the follow up call the next day
- Don’t forget to plan an easy dinner that night – don’t worry about me (I bring my own!)
- I will email you your sleep plan, sleep logs and a sheet explaining the specifics on the follow-up support (remember to have your wifi code handy so I can email those to you while I’m there!)
- I encourage parents to go to sleep so they can get some rest in between wakeups.
- Before you go to bed, we’ll schedule your first 15-minute follow-up call for the next day
AFTER the consultation:
- You’ll have FIVE 15-minute follow up calls – four will be used the first week of the plan as we’re teaching them the sleep skills and the last call will be sometime in the three weeks we’re working together to get them sleeping in the same room again (if they were separated for the training). If they stayed in the same room for training, that call will be used for any fine tuning!
- You’ll have three weeks of email support beginning the day after you start your sleep plan
- Write down any questions that you forgot to ask while I was there (it’ll inevitably happen – just like when you leave the pediatrician’s office and could kick yourself for forgetting to ask something!) and email them to me – your email starts immediately!
- At the end of the three weeks, I’ll send you my 36-page Reference Guide that includes: common regressions (illness, teething, developmental milestones, travel), Daylight Savings Time, nap transitions, nightmares and night terrors, swaddling, choosing the right mattress for your child and moving to a big bed, and recommendations and reviews for books on big bed transitions, bad dreams and bedtime storybooks for toddlers and preschoolers…all of those questions you’ll have AFTER your children are sleeping through the night!
The investment for the Half Night Sleep Solution Package is $1375* for twins under 12 months and $1520 for twins 12 months and older.
The investment for the Overnight Twins Sleep Solution Package is $2475* for twins under 12 months and $2620* for twins 12 months and older.
* Additional travel fee for distance greater than 25 miles from Winnetka.
Ready to get started? Click here to email your preferred consult call times!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are your qualifications?
I was chosen to participate in a three day intensive training program with three months of mentorship from one of the world’s leading child sleep experts. My methods are aligned with the best practices recommended by The American Academy of Pediatrics, The Canadian Pediatric Society, and The UK’s National Health Service.
Continuing education is very important to me and I stay up to date on everything from reflux and infant digestion to safe sleep sleeping practices and of course newborn, baby sleep & toddler sleep.
I’m also a Founding Member of the Association of Professional Sleep Consultants and I have a Masters in Teaching!
Can I continue breastfeeding while sleep training?
Of COURSE! I’m a huge fan of breastfeeding – it’s such a great bonding experience, not to mention the health benefits!
I don’t focus on how you feed your children…just that they are getting enough to eat and at the right times of day while you’re teaching them to sleep.
Can I co-sleep while sleep training?
No. When families are ready to stop co-sleeping because it’s not working for everyone (you, your husband and your children), then that’s where I come in to get your children transitioned to their bedroom.
Do you believe in cry-it-out?
In a word, no. I couldn’t do that with my child, and I wouldn’t ask you to do something I haven’t done myself!
That said, unfortunately there will be some crying. If there was magic fairy dust to make it a cry free experience, I would gladly share it with you. Here’s the thing, babies are too young to use words and tell you they preferred falling asleep with the bottle.
BUT that’s why you have me.
I can optimize their schedule and choose the best method for YOUR children to minimize the crying as much as possible.
And you’ll be in the room comforting and teaching them how to do it on their own – so you’re not leaving them alone all night.
Remember that once babies learn how to fall asleep on their own – which can happen pretty quickly – the crying goes away!
We both work full time – how will that work?
I always suggest starting over a long weekend. If you can take off a Friday and your husband can take off a Monday (or you can work from home) – that’s ideal. Having 4 days to follow the plan before handing things over to daycare will help a lot.
If you have a nanny in your home, it isn’t as big of an issue to take time off because presumably your nanny will follow the plan as you would have.
I will also be giving you tips on working with daycare and how to prep your nanny!
One of my babies has reflux. Can I sleep train him right now?
Yes, as long as his symptoms are under control and he’s comfortable.
I’ve worked with lots of babies with reflux and can share some tips and tricks that have worked well for other families.
Do you offer payment plans?
No. My policy is to get payment in full at the time of the consultation. I’m happy to invoice you in installments prior to our consultation, but again, complete payment must be received by the time we have our consult.
Which day of the week is best to start Night 1? What’s the worst day to start?
Thursday night works really well for most families! You can get into the groove of your plan before the weekend starts. Friday night is a close second.
I don’t encourage families to start on a Saturday night because Sundays are a family day for me and I don’t do calls and email – and I wouldn’t want to leave you hanging if you have any questions about Night 1!
What about triplets???
Definitely wouldn’t want to exclude them! All of the options for twins are available for triplets – just add $150 to any package.
Still wondering if this is right for you? Here’s a checklist to see!
This is right for you if:
- You know your babies need more sleep for their health, growth and development
- You understand that this will not be a cry-free experience and know that within a short time, your children will learn to fall asleep without protesting
- You and your spouse are both committed to following your sleep plan 100% for the first couple of weeks
- You’re ready to sleep train your babies, but just need a plan to follow
- Your pediatrician has given you the green light to start sleep training
- You live in the Chicago area and would like to meet in person and have me there to teach and cheer you on for Night 1!
This is not for you if:
- You are very uncomfortable when one cries for a few minutes or more
- Your husband doesn’t think you need to change anything – or that you should be able to do it yourself
- You want to continue co-sleeping
- Your pediatrician has told you to hold off on sleep training
- One of your babies has a medical issue that is not under control yet
People always say twins are the double fun, but when they’re not sleeping, it’s just double the sleep deprivation! Working with you to get my twins sleeping – first on their own and then sleeping in the same room – was a process, but soooo worth it! Before they were on completely different nap schedules and we never seemed to get long stretches of sleep at night because one of them was always up! Now they’re sleeping through the night and on a great nap schedule and I have both hands free a few times a day to get stuff done (or just relax!). Thank you for helping us make our boys amazing sleepers!
Ready to get started? Send me an email with your preferred consult call times!
Photo Credit: Deposit Photos | Vitalinka