You pop the pacifier back in 58 times each night…
Your baby will only take 20 minutes naps or (and?) only nap on you…
You haven’t slept in the same bed as your husband in months + it’s time to get everyone sleeping in their own rooms…
It’s ridiculously hard to concentrate at work with so little sleep…
Or all of the above.
I know how you feel…but it doesn’t have to be that way.
I can help.
Through what we cover in our time together, your baby (and YOU) will be equipped to kick all of the bad sleep habits that have been keeping you from making the most of your days. Specifically, your little one will:
- Figure out why your baby’s up all night, needing you to get him back to sleep
- Learn how to get your baby to fall asleep and self-soothe back to sleep in the middle of the night
- Teach your baby to nap in the crib – not on you! – for longer naps (buh bye 20 minute naps!)
- Have a great foundation for troubleshooting any issues that come up down the road
- Create the optimal sleeping environment
Here’s what you’ll get with the Deluxe Sleep Solution Package:
- 1-1.5 hour consultation in your home
- Nursery assessment
- Personalized sleep plan
- Four 15-minute follow-up calls
- Two weeks of email support
- 36-page Resource Guide
What to expect
BEFORE your consultation:
- Look at your calendar and find a time when you have at least 2 weeks of “normal” – no trips, weddings, pediatrician appointments, workmen hammering all day in your house! Based on that time frame, figure out a few mornings or afternoons that you’d be available for the 1-1.5 hour home consultation (preferably within a few days of when you’ll start Night 1). Helpful tip: if your consult is in the morning or early afternoon, you can start that night!
- Send me an email with your possible dates for the home consult and I’ll confirm a time via email. (Please give a 3-4 hour range on a few mornings and afternoons, instead of a specific one hour time!)
- I will email you a detailed questionnaire for you to fill out and email back at least 2 business days before I come to your home for the consultation.
- You’ll receive an invoice through Paypal which should be paid immediately to confirm your consultation time.
- Hopefully you’ve got everyone on board – your spouse, nanny and anyone else who regularly cares for your child during the day. If not, now’s the time! Helpful tip: Sleep training without the support of your spouse is difficult, so be sure that everyone is on the same page!
- Get excited! You’re so much closer to a good night’s sleep – for your baby AND you! Within the first couple of weeks, you’ll be amazed by what your baby learns to do!
DURING the consultation:
- I will come to your home to meet you and your baby and we’ll go over your questionnaire and your sleep plan, and I’ll answer any questions you have. Helpful tip: If at all possible, it’s great to have both parents available for the consult – either in person or by phone – to prevent miscommunication mishaps later on!
- We’ll spend time in the nursery and I’ll assess the room in seven areas – light, sound, temperature, crib set-up, sleepwear, loveys/blankies and room set up – and provide recommendations to optimize the sleeping environment
- I’ll share my tips for setting Night 1 up for success and give you any “homework” – making adjustments to the bedroom environment.
- We’ll schedule your first 15-minute follow-up call for the day after you start your plan.
AFTER the consultation:
- Work on your “homework” – make any adjustments to the nursery
- I’ll email you the sleep plan, your sleep log, and a sheet explaining the specifics on the follow-up support that day (unless it’s a later in the day consult – then I’ll email it the following morning).
- You’ll have four 15-minute follow up calls and two weeks of email support – this is where the magic happens because I can track your progress and make recommendations based on how things are going!
- Write down any questions that you forgot to ask during our consult (it’ll inevitably happen – just like when you leave the pediatrician’s office and could kick yourself for forgetting to ask something!) and email them to me on the day you start your plan.
- At the end of the two weeks, I’ll send you my 36-page Reference Guide that includes: common regressions (illness, teething, developmental milestones, travel), Daylight Savings Time, nap transitions, nightmares and night terrors, swaddling, choosing the right mattress for your child and moving him/her to a big bed, and recommendations and reviews for books on big bed transitions, bad dreams and bedtime storybooks for toddlers and preschoolers…all of those questions you’ll have AFTER your child is sleeping through the night!
The investment for the Deluxe Baby Sleep Solution Package is $585.*
* Additional travel fee for distance greater than 25 miles from Winnetka.
Ready to get started? Click here to email your preferred consult call times!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are your qualifications?
I was chosen to participate in a three day intensive training program with three months of mentorship from one of the world’s leading child sleep experts. My methods are aligned with the best practices recommended by The American Academy of Pediatrics, The Canadian Pediatric Society, and The UK’s National Health Service.
Continuing education is very important to me and I stay up to date on everything from reflux and infant digestion to safe sleep sleeping practices and of course newborn, baby sleep & toddler sleep.
I’m also a Founding Member of the Association of Professional Sleep Consultants and I have a Masters in Teaching!
Can I continue breastfeeding while sleep training?
Of COURSE! I’m a huge fan of breastfeeding – it’s such a great bonding experience for you both, not to mention the health benefits!
I don’t focus on how you feed your child…just that he’s getting enough to eat and at the right times of day while you’re teaching him to sleep.
Can I co-sleep while sleep training?
No. When families are ready to stop co-sleeping because it’s not working for everyone (you, your husband and your baby), then that’s where I come in to get baby transitioned to the crib in his room.
Do you believe in cry-it-out?
In a word, no. I couldn’t do that with my child, and I wouldn’t ask you to do something I haven’t done myself!
That said, unfortunately there will be some crying. If there was magic fairy dust to make it a cry free experience, I would gladly share it with you. Here’s the thing, babies are too young to use words and tell you they preferred falling asleep with the bottle.
BUT that’s why you have me.
I can optimize his schedule and choose the best method for YOUR child to minimize the crying as much as possible.
And you’ll be in the room comforting and teaching him how to do it on his own – so you’re not leaving him alone all night.
Remember that once babies learn how to fall asleep on their own – which can happen pretty quickly – the crying goes away!
We both work full time – how will that work?
I always suggest starting over a long weekend. If you can take off a Friday and your husband can take off a Monday (or you can work from home) – that’s ideal. Having 4 days to follow the plan before handing things over to daycare will help a lot.
If you have a nanny in your home, it isn’t as big of an issue to take any time off because presumably your nanny will follow the plan as you would have.
I will also be giving you tips on working with daycare and how to prep your nanny!
My baby has reflux. Can I sleep train him right now?
Yes, as long as his symptoms are under control and he’s comfortable.
I’ve worked with lots of babies with reflux and can share some tips and tricks that have worked well for other families.
Do you offer payment plans?
No. With a couple of bad experiences in that area, I’ve made it a policy to get payment in full at the time of the consultation. I’m happy to invoice you in installments prior to our consultation, but again, payment must be submitted in full by the time we have our consult.
Which day of the week is best to start Night 1? What’s the worst day to start?
Thursday night works really well for most families! You can get into the groove of your plan before the weekend starts. Friday night is a close second.
I don’t encourage families to start on a Saturday night because Sundays are a family day for me and I don’t do calls and email – and I wouldn’t want to leave you hanging if you have any questions about Night 1!
Still wondering if this is right for you? Here’s a checklist to see!
This is right for you if:
- You know your baby needs more sleep for his health, growth and development
- You understand that this will not be a cry-free experience and know that within a short time, your baby will learn to fall asleep without protesting
- You and your spouse are both committed to following your sleep plan 100% for the first couple of weeks
- You’re ready to sleep train your baby, but just need a plan to follow
- Your pediatrician has given you the green light to start sleep training
- You live in the Chicago area and would like to meet in person and have a nursery assessment
This is not for you if:
- You are very uncomfortable when your baby cries for a few minutes or more
- Your husband doesn’t think sleep training is a good idea
- You want to continue co-sleeping
- Your pediatrician has told you to hold off on sleep training
- Your baby has a medical issue that is not under control yet
Ready to get started? Send me an email with your preferred consult call times!
Photo credit: Deposit Photos | anelina